Krispy Kreme, Inc is a well-known multinational coffeehouse chain famous for its doughnut. The company is more than 80 years old, and there are more than 1400 stores worldwide. There are plenty of different donuts flavors there, however, it doesn’t mean that there is vegan one. Let’s find out!
Does Krispy Kreme have vegan donuts?
It’s a tricky question since it depends on where you are. In the United Kingdom, there are vegan doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. However, in the United States, there are no plant-based donuts at all unfortunetaly. Will be there anytime soon? No, I don’t think so.
What Non-Vegan Ingredients Does Krispy Kreme Have?
All of them contain either dairy or eggs. At least they don’t use bugs for the glaze (shellac) or red food color (Cochineal bug). So all of the donuts are suitable for vegetarians.
Vegan Krispy Donuts in the UK
There are not only one but five different donuts without animal ingredients!
- Strawberry Iced Rings: Hand-dipped in strawberry icing.
- Caramel Iced Rings: signature ring doughnut hand-dipped in caramel icing, and finished with a caramel drizzle.
- Vegan Brownie/Fudge brownie bliss: Delicious Belgian chocolate filling, topped with chocolate icing, dark chocolate drizzle and crunchy brownie pieces.
- Original Glazed vegan ring doughnuts: Same great Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut, just without animal ingredients.
- Vegan Chocolate Custard (Only in Ireland): Smooth vanilla custard filling, hand-dipped in chocolatey icing.
- Vegan apple custard crumble: Apple and custard filling, topped with icing and a cinnamon crumble crumb.
All of them are certified by the Vegan Society. However, beware of the cross-contamination!
Does Krispy Kreme have any vegan options?
Okay then, just like Dunkin Donuts, Krispy doesn’t have vegan donuts on the other hand it’s not the end of the world since they have some pretty decent vegan bagels. What about Kreme? Well, it’s a disaster, literally. While you can grab a good coffee there, you will starve to death since there is nothing at all to eat. Furthermore, we aren’t sure about plant-based milk either.
So black coffee and some lemonade, that’s all that they can offer us. To be honest, better if you go to Starbucks instead of Krispy.