My Upcoming Vegan & Animal Rights Events in the USA
Written by Leigh-Chantelle
Created Monday, 13 May 2013
I'm off to the US again (via Fiji) starting late tonight. I'm speaking at various events whilst I'm abroad. Here's the list:
- Vida Vegan Con
- Anti-Fur Society Conference
- North American Conference for Critical Animal Studies
- Animal Rights Conference
Vida Vegan Con
- 9:30am-10:45am Ethics Beyond the Plate with Laura Beck from Vegansaurus, Writer Jamie J. Hagen, Erika Larson from The San Francisco Comical, John McDevitt from The Laziest Vegans and moderated by Jason Das from Super Vegan.
- 11am-12pm Vegan Invasion: Community Building with Laura Beck from Vegansaurus, Writer Maeve Connor and Jason Das from Super Vegan.
- 4:15pm-5pm International Activism with my good friend Ryan Patey from T.O.F.U. Magazine and Lisa Pittman from Vegan Culinary Crusade.
Saturday night from 7pm is also the GalaRama, held at Staver Locomotive where money is being raised for Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest. This party is open to the public, with tickets available here. Hope to see you there!
Anti-Fur Society Conference
Friday May 31 - Sunday June 2 at Alexandria, Virginia
This is the first time I'm attending and speaking at the Anti-Fur Society Conference.
On Saturday at 1pm I'm speaking about Australia's progress and challenges with our Kangaroos, the Wool Industry and Live Export. On Sunday at 12:30pm I'm speaking about Promoting Veganism.
North American Conference for Critical Animal Studies
Thursday 20 - Saturday 22 June at Minneapolis, Minnesota
This is the first time I'm attending this North American Conference for Critical Animal Studies event and venturing to Minnesota.
On Saturday 22 June, I'm giving a 60 minute workshop from 3:40pm on Staging Effective Events & Engaging Volunteers. This workshop is Open to the Public. The FaceBook event for my workshop.
Animal Rights Conference
Thursday 27 - Sunday 30 June at Washington, DC
This will be the third time I'm attending and speaking at the Animal Rights Conference.
On Sunday at 4:30pm I'm speaking in the Engaging Abroad panel to discuss my work in SE Asia along with Kim Dreher from Veg Fund, Dawn Moncrief from A Well-Fed World, Kristal Parks and Michael Weber from FARM.
Animal Advocacy Museum Talk - Travelling the Globe with Leigh-Chantelle
Sunday 14 July at Pasadena, CA
I'm giving a talk at 5pm the new Animal Advocacy Museum: 280 S. Los Robles Ave. Pasadena, CA. I'll be talking about my travels to SE Asia, the USA, promoting veganism and meeting people. I'm also open to ideas to talk about so let me know if you have any.
|← Interview with CHRY FM - Veganism & Commercialisation||New Recipe Book Coming Soon - Title Needed →|