Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale & T-Shirt Design Competition
Written by Leigh-Chantelle
Created Wednesday, 27 February 2013
The Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale (WWBS) is once again happening from 20 - 28 April.
The WWBS is an easy and enjoyable way to raise funds, and to raise awareness about food that is delicious and satisfying but does not involve exploiting or mass-killing animals. Green Earth Group have participated in the WWBS in 2011 plus 2012 here and here.
There's also a T-Shirt Design Compeition!
In 2010, The Herbivore Clothing Company created and sold an awesome WVBS tee shirt.
But that was a limited run, and the shirts are now collectors' items. Since the Herbivore shirts were so popular, and tee shirts are cool WWBS is holding a WVBS tee shirt design contest! This is your chance to put your artistic creativity to good use. This year's contest will be almost exactly the same as last year's popular contest. Here's how it works:
- One week later, we'll announce two winners!
- We'll create tee shirts (and maybe other products down the road, such as aprons) emblazoned with the winning design, and sell them on the WVBS Zazzle store. We'll proudly and enthusiastically mention the designers and link to their websites or portfolios in the product descriptions. Of course, the winners get free tee shirts.
- Profits from the sales will go to Compassion for Animals (CfA). Even though the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale is now a program of A Well-Fed World (AWFW), AWFW is generously donating the profits to CfA, which started the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale.
Last year's winning designs are from Amber Ford:
and Jessi Van Pelt:
- This design is for the front of the shirt. (The shirts won't have any design on the back.)
- We only sell sweatshop-free shirts. Most of the shirts in this category are available in multiple colors, but the organic shirts are only available in "natural" (off-white)—so the design should look good against this background. If you click around on any of the shirts in our Zazzle store, you can see all the available background colors.
- The size of the image should be either 14 inches by 12 inches OR 12 inches by 14 inches, as described here. There is no limit on the number of colors in the design. The design must include "Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale" (but no year; when we asked some WVBS participants, they overwhelmingly preferred no year on the shirts). Optionally, you can also include the WVBS URL—www.VeganBakeSale.org.
- For the contest, you can send a jpg, png, gif, or pdf file, or a link. (We'll want hi-res—300dpi—versions of the winning designs eventually.)
- The judges will be the Compassion for Animals Board of Directors and the WVBS Board of Advisors (which helps out with the WVBS in various ways).
- None of the judges or anyone in their families, or anyone working for or closely afilliated with Compassion for Animals or A Well-Fed World can enter the contest.
- Last year's winners cannot enter this year's contest.
- For everyone else: You can enter—and even submit the same designs—year after year.
Here's the WWBS Board of Advisors committee who will vote for the winning shirts:
- Leigh-Chantelle (also here)
|← Fashion label UMASAN & Band Notic Nastic join on Runway||Vegan Articles, Media & Press from My Indonesian Travels →|